But do you really need OKRs?
OKRs for not for everyone, so before you take on the journey of into OKRs, think about if OKR’s are right for your company? – If your answer to the above questions is YES. let dive in!
1. Pick One Goal
Once you have understood the benefits of OKRs and decided to try it at your company, we recommend a one goal one team pilot to try OKRs with. Discuss with your leadership team to identify the most important goal you want to track in the next 3-6 months.
Once you have identified your “one goal”, kick off a discussion with the team about using OKRs to achieve the your goal. It is important that everyone involved feels that this framework is going to help the team achieve their goals
2. Conduct an OKR workshop
Next step is to conduct an internal OKR workshop. You can either hire on OKR coach or have someone internally do this. A full day OKR workshop includes the following
- Brief history of OKRs
- Why use OKRs
- OKR Examples
- Workshop for teams to come up with OKRs and review
- OKR implementation timelines
3. Nominating a company wide OKR Champion
The above two steps will give you a good idea about who from your team is the most passionate and skilled at OKRs, Nominate them as your OKR champions.
OKR champions help with the following
- Help create a detailed implementation plan
- Coach teams in OKRs as they go through the implementation phase
- Get feedback from people on how OKRs are working for them what needs to change
- Make sure teams update OKRs regularly
4. Decide an OKR timeline
A typical OKR timeline looks like this
5. Write good Company OKRs
Inviting team to create their OKRs
OKR Review and Sign Off